Step 0: Before you start, make sure you've set up the following:
- An appropriate SMS work type – please look over the Work Types section if you're not familiar with these.
- Please make sure you have purchased an SMS short code before setting up the flow.
- To purchase an SMS shortcode please contact us directly through webchat or via our support line (+27 21 045 1222).
Step 1: Click Work Flows on the administrator dashboard.
Step 2: This view shows a list of flows in your organization. Click the plus sign icon (+) on the top right-hand of your screen to add a new flow.
Step 3: From this view, you can set up your flow type and other basic information.
- Flow name
- Enter the name of the inbound SMS flow.
- Flow type
- Click Contact Center – SMS flows only apply to contact center flows.
- Flow channel
- Select the SMS option.
Step 4: This is the interaction flow editor (currently empty). Take some time to familiarize yourself with it. To the left is the first step in creating your flow.
Step 5: Click the Start node to indicate the beginning of your flow.
Step 6: Click the Assign Work Type node to add a work item to your flow. Once created, the work item will get stamped with the properties of the work type you select.
Step 7: To add a work type to the node, click on the vertical ellipsis menu.
Step 8: Add the Waiting Strategy node to place SMS work items in the universal waiting room.
Step 9: Add the On SMS node to indicate the point at which your agents will be busy with an SMS work item.
Step 10: Add the End node to terminate your flow.
Click Publish. Your flow is now ready to use.