An emergency announcement provides the ability to notify your callers in the event of an emergency once created and assigned to the appropriate interaction flow.
How to set up an emergency announcement:
1. On your Admin Dashboard you select the Emergency Announcement tile.
2. Add an Emergency Announcement
3. Now create the name of the Emergency Announcement and select the audio file you have created on the Admin Dashboard by selecting the Audio tile.
4. You can now see an Emergency Announcement on the Emergency Routing List.
On the top right corner of the Emergency Announcement tile there will be a burger menu which you can select to edit the Emergency Announcement Audio file and you can also change the Emergency Announcement from Inactive to Active on this tile.
When an Emergency Announcement is set as active the audio will play in any flow that the Emergency Announcement Node is implemented.
How to Implement Emergency Announcements in your call flow:
- Best practice would be to add the Emergency Announcement after your Office Hours by clicking on the plus sign and then selecting the Emergency Announcement tile.
- Click on the burger menu on the Emergency Announcement node you have just selected in the flow and select edit.
- At this point you can select the emergency Announcement you created in step 3 under “How to set up an emergency announcement:” and click done.
- Connect the default route’s plus sign to the standard progression of your flow
- When Menu Selection is enabled for your Emergency Announcement, clients will be able to press 1 on they're keypads and the call will route appropriately. You will now need to set the routing options for this function, in this example pressing one will end the call. Click on the plus symbol next to the 1 on the Emergency Announcement node.
- Select the End node. Now when a client presses 1 on they're keypad the call will end, you can customize this to fit your needs.