Incoming SMS are served to available agents that are qualified to receive SMSs. Below are the steps that occur when an agent receives an SMS:
A notification will appear on the agent dashboard indicating that an SMS has been received, giving the agent the option to either accept or decline the interaction as seen below.
When the agent clicks on the accept button the contact card will open as seen below and show all the information relating to this SMS interaction. You will see is the following:
- You will see that the interaction is an SMS and that it is Inbound.
- You will also see the name of the Work Type associated with the interaction.
- You will see the name of the Agent that received the interaction.
- You will see which number the interaction came From.
- You will see the number the interaction was sent To.
- You will see any additional data they may have been configured..
- You will see the actual message.
- You will see the date and time of the interaction.
- You will see the timeline of the interaction in the bottom right corner.
When you are done, you can click on End to conclude the interaction.
Should you wish to reply to the SMS, you can just click on the SMS icon as seen above to compose a message.