When the Embedded Webphone feature is enabled for your organization agents will have the webphone fixed to their dashboard.
The embedded webphone remains on the right-hand side of the agent's dashboard regardless of which view the agent moves to.
Agents are able to make and receive calls through the webphone as well as adjust the settings of the webphone.
Adjusting webphone settings:
To adjust the webphone settings click on the three dots located in the top right corner of the webphone and select the “settings” option from the drop-down.
A settings panel will appear allowing you to do the following:
- Adjust microphone device - you can select between available devices to set your microphone. (decides which device is used to speak through)
- Adjust speaker device - you can select between available devices to set your speaker. (decides which device is used to hear audio though)
- Auto Answer - enable/disable auto answer functionality from the webphone (calls are answered automatically within 3s).
- Incoming call pop-up - enable/disable a pop-up that allows an agent to answer or reject calls (this is enabled by default, disabling this feature will prevent agents from being able to manually answer calls).
Once you have adjusted the settings you can click the “done” button to save your changes or you can click “Cancel” to undo changes you may have made.
Making a call:
Agents are able to make calls via the embedded webphone by typing the phone number using the Numpad or by clicking on the relevant numbers on the dial pad.
After you have input the relevant phone number, click on the green phone icon to initiate the call or press “Enter” on your keyboard
Receiving a call via the embedded webphone:
When receiving a call if the pop-up feature of the webphone is enabled agents will see the following:
The pop-up window will allow agents to accept or reject the incoming call (rejecting the call will put the agent into a not responding state).
After accepting the call the webphone will allow the agent to perform the following actions:
- Adjust client volume - allows the agent to make the client softer or louder.
- Mute - places the agent on mute (preventing the client from hearing the agent).
- Hold - places the client on hold (preventing the client from hearing the agent).
- Transfer - allows the agent to transfer the call to a specific number.
To end the call click on the red phone icon.